Sunday, November 02, 2014

Another Story


(Clockwise from top left): Ruth Roach Pierson & Dawn Kresan, Palimpsest poetry editor Jim Johnstone, host Blair Trewetha, Patricia Young, and myself at Another Story Bookshop in Toronto, ON.

* * *

So this was a good day. First, I had lunch with Jim Johnstone and fellow Palimpsest-ian poet Marc di Saverio, then we went and got ludicrous cake donuts from Glory Hole Doughnuts, then I met Edmonton poet Ella Zeltserman for tea, then strolled down the street for a Palimpsest-ian dinner at Workshop by Lattitude where I had the charcuterie platter, then there was the reading at Another Story Bookshop, then Beau's Lug Tread beer and folksinging down the street at Inter Steer.

And, after all that, I followed Google Maps home. Feeling a befuddled sort of midnight calm.

It was very nice to talk poetry/pears with Ella and first books/South Korea with Blair, who I'm hoping to interview for the blog...

No comments: