Thursday, March 02, 2006

streaming

Hey all,

This is a show I'm participating in that will simultaneously celebrate International Women's Week as well as act as a fundraiser for the much-beleagered Gas Station Theatre in Winnipeg's Osborne Village.

Amusingly, I got this poster via email the same day that I got my contributor's copy of The Windsor ReView in the mail, containing my ever-so-charmingly-titled Tit Poem (for G.).



There's something about the forked tail and the streaming tits that's just so...satisfying.

Speaking of satisfying, I'm also in the process of organizing a National Poetry Month reading for mid-April at local secondhand bookstore Aqua Books and committing to posting new material on my new Wrought Substance Project blog every two weeks.

The Wrought Substance Project, for those of you that don't know about what is now a multi-year project for me, is a poetry/photography collaboration with Jon Schledewitz that attempts to create a social history of the prairies via the derelict buildings in Winnipeg's downtown core.

We've published in a few places and presented on the project at an academic conference, but now we need to think about the shapes and repercussions, not of the buildings themselves, but of finishing the project.

2 comments:

Brenda Schmidt said...

ha! That's too cool!

Anita Daher said...

I saw this poster on my building yesterday, but didn't realize you would be a part of the evening. I see you there now :-) Now I must go!