Monday, November 20, 2006

pick

Tomorrow is my reading with Karen Clavelle and rob mclennan at Aqua Books.

I spent the hour after Aa fell asleep and I got too tired to focus reading recent poetry aloud, just to try it on for size.

Before I snoozed I'd picked several poems to read, many of which will be in an upcoming chapbook from Palimpsest Press.

Between Aa's new teeth and ever-growing curiosity, I haven't gotten much writing done of late...but I do have that Di Brandt poetry workshop this weekend.

I'm more than happy to reclaim the poetic landscape, but I'm also terrified that it won't work, that baby will scream until she's blue in the face and attempt to gnaw her grandmother's face in chomptastic desperation.

Breathe...it will be fine....breathe....

2 comments:

Anita Daher said...

It'll all be good, I promise. Enjoy your workshop, and enjoy your reading tonight! I have my volunteer job tonight, otherwise would be there to cheer you on. Cheering is good at poetry readings, right?

Ariel Gordon said...

Hey Anita,

Thanks for your good wishes...I've spent far too much time of late rocketing from dread to hot anticipation.

It'll be fine, I know.

I just hope the course is worth all the breastmilk and nervous energy...