Thursday, May 03, 2007

May Day!

I am immeasurably proud that it's May and I find myself, for the third year running, May Day-ing with a variety of poets.

May Day, for the uninitiated, is a blog-based poetry project where participants commit to a certain level of production - once a day, once a week, etc. Commentary is offered, though this isn't a workshopping space so much as a strange sort of community.

It takes a particular kind of person to want to participate in such a venture - tech-savvy, (relatively) fearless vis-a-vis posting first drafts in a public forum, able to play nice with others.

And so I'm pleased to see our numbers creeping up, year to year.

I'm also pleased that I'll be writing a poem a day, come hell or high water - which in Winnipeg in spring is a distinct possibility...

No comments: