Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Paperchase 04

In this edition of Paperchase:

* Winnipeg young adult author Anita Daher shortlisted for Atlantic Canada's Hackmatack Children's Choice Book Award.

* Penguin launches JRS's Extraordinary Canadians series with book on Manitoba's Nellie McClung.

* Signed first edition of Tolkien's The Hobbit sets a new record at auction.

* Canadians Nancy Huston and Heather O'Neill long listed for this year's Orange Broadband Prize for Fiction.

* Two on-line literary competitions pit books (mysteries and literary novels, respectively) against each other.

To read more, see the Winnipeg Free Press website.

(I feel like a fishwife this week. Mostly because I complained that my by-line wasn't on the column in its on-line incarnation. A small voice: but I didn't even mention that my email address was omitted from the print version... )

No comments: