Sunday, October 26, 2008

scab



All photos Assiniboine Forest, Winnipeg. MB. October 26, 2008.

* * *

It's been a strange coupla weeks, mostly because my slow-right-down has coincided with M's slow-right-down, except that mine was deliberate and his was because he - and the 1,000 other people in his local - are on strike.

But in between his picket line shifts, we've gotten to have a few Saturday nights out and three or four walks in the forest.

And while we will need some income relatively soon - yeah - it's been sort-of-kind-of vacation-y.

Today was cold and blustery but we bundled up. And walked. And bashed at an abandoned wasp's next in the trees with a stick (don't ask...). And M procured mushrooms for me, which normally makes me mad, but it was fine.

I've got a couple of big deadlines coming up (and it seems as though there's a vote on the latest offer coming up in the next coupla days) so I likely won't be able to stay here for too long.

But still...

No comments: