Monday, April 20, 2009

M'aidez!

On May 1st, the fifth year of the May Day Poetry Project will whir and hum and kick and come to life again.

This means poets and poetry and commentary on said poetry.

For me, it means thinking about the poem I'm going to write today, tomorrow, later this week. Thinking incessantly about poetry.

Fun, especially after the month I've had...illness and deadlines and nasty unrelenting weather. And then the nice hippy lady that enables my writing by accepting money to care for Aa did something bad to her knee. ..

(Um, before I forget myself, what with the complaining: email me if you want to sign up!)

* * *

UPDATE: Last night, M and I trolled the internet in search of a spring hat for May Day (i.e. a new template).

We found a modified Wordpress template called Coffee Desk and installed all its bells and whistles in less than an hour.

And so, I would like to take this opportunity to take back all my complaints about M's various internet frenzies...

I would also like to note that almost all our regulars are back this year. We've got one new poet - Linda Besner, my fellow Rutting Season author - and I'm looking forward to one or two more tyros.