Wednesday, April 29, 2009

planting



All photos Assiniboine Forest, Winnipeg, MB. April 28, 2009.


* * *

It's astounding how long you can go on feeling tired. But when I feel tired - or, more correctly, too tired to write - I can always go for a walk. In the forest.

So after signing Aa up for soccer (it begins! sigh...), I headed to the forest.

And wore the BIG boots. And tromped around in what was left of the meltwater, because I'd bothered to pull them out.

I surveyed last year's mushrooms, the ones I'd already photographed, many of them now with gnaw marks. I found a few new mushrooms, on the most sheltered logs, and snapped some pics.

Then I looked down at the wet mud/mulch combination on the path and thought longingly of several weeks of sun in a row. Not too much sun, mind you. Enough to make me happy and start the mushrooms patches, the ones I know and the ones that will appear this year, what with its this-year sun and this-year rain, going.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

where is Aa taking soccer? i briefly contemplated like w/ F but then....well.........