Monday, May 03, 2010

Looking forward to Hump Day



All photos Assiniboine Forest, Winnipeg, MB. April 30, 2010.


* * *

So M and I went for rainy walk last Friday. And it was good for both of us, to be alone together in the half-woods. The sort-of-wild.

My book launch is coming up this week. And I'm trying not to think about it, so as not to wind myself up in knots.

But I took the day off from Aqua, so I'll have to do something to prepare.

Thinking back, I had hoped the spend the hours and HOURS you typically spend labouring before it's time to go to the hospital walking in the forest.

Because of the circumstances of Aa's birth, that didn't happen. Which is fine, because I wound up WITH Aa.

This time, since I don't literally have to pass my much-anticipated object (i.e. my book) through my vagina, I think I might make it out to the forest for a long walk.

To think and dream and forget about the launch a little longer...

No comments: