Thursday, November 01, 2012

TWB diptych #1


* * *
From the October 30th Celebrating TWB...In Winnipeg event at McNally Robinson.

Top row: Monique Woroniak, Daria Salamon, Katherena Vermette
Middle row: Katherine Bitney, Shawna Dempsey, Dora Dueck
Bottom row: Shayla Elizabeth, Michelle Elrick, Joanne Epp

* * *

So we had twenty-six readers in the end. Twenty-six separate conversations. Poems and bits of novels and short stories and commentaries. And laughter. And sadness.

It was two and a half hours long, but that was sort of the point. How very many women writers there are in Winnipeg! How accomplished they all are!

They were my binder full of women. They were - to borrow a title from hannah_g - my intrepid portfolio.

It was a BARRAGE of women! (And that's how it should be...)

p.s. If you're counting, you'll notice there are only 18 photos in these two diptychs. That's because my phone died and I hadn't grabbed my camera on my way out the door...

No comments: