Sunday, June 30, 2013

hot/buggy

All photos Assiniboine Forest, Winnipeg, MB. June 30, 2013.
* * *

It's been a hot and buggy weekend. M and Aa were less than enthused, this afternoon, at the prospect of a hot and buggy walk in the forest. But it's rained a few times over the past week and the boulevards are lousy with mushrooms, so I really needed to walk in the forest.

So when M proposed that they'd drop me off and go get groceries while I walked, I practically lept out of the car.

And despite the double application of spray, the mosquitoes specialized in my triceps and hairline. (One mosquito flew into my eye. Which was memorable, anyways...)

And there were clusters of poison ivy everywhere in the underbrush. (I have a tendency to sit on clusters of poison ivy while shooting exciting mushrooms...)

But it didn't matter. Because there were heaps of mushrooms. And I didn't have to worry about anyone else.

Luckily, we nipped home to drop off the groceries afterwards where I quick-draw-McGraw-ed out of my forest ensemble into something less sweaty and covered in squashed mosquito.

 Yay! Fun!

No comments: