Thursday, February 20, 2014

everything on top of the snow

All photos Assiniboine Forest, Winnipeg, MB. February 20, 2014.
* * *

I went walking in the Forest today. It was cold but there was so much sun and I hadn't been there for weeks and weeks...

We've towering heaps of rubbled snow everywhere. Turning into traffic, when the boulevards contains heaps taller than most people, makes more than a little nervous. And the snow mountain, where the city stores the snow scraped off the streets in the southern half of the city, looms over Route 90.

But here, the snow is thick and smooth, like a mattress laid over the fussiness - downed logs and shrubs and bleach-blonde grasses - of the forest.

I spent my walk shooting the things on top of the snow. And trundling through all that snow, when what I wanted to see wasn't close to the side of the path.


No comments: