For the second year in a row, The Winnipeg Free Press will be hosting a National Poetry Month project.
Every Saturday in April, poems by Winnipeg writers will appear in the 49.8 section.
Eligible writers: Winnipeg writers. NPM in the WFP is committed to a diversity of voices: emerging, PoC, spoken word, Indigenous, established, LGBTQ+, and page poets. If your work was featured in the 2016 edition of NPM on the WFP, you may still submit, but the priority will be new writers.
- Email previously unpublished poems on the theme of “Time” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The DEADLINE for submissions is March 25, 2017.
- Submit a maximum of 5 poems. Each poem should be no more than 25 lines.
- Please submit your poems in one Word document (PDF or RTF also acceptable).
- Send a short bio (max 40 words), both in the body of the email AND in your submission.
About the Editor: Ariel Gordon is a Winnipeg writer. Her second collection of poetry, Stowaways (Palimpsest Press, 2014), won the 2015 Lansdowne Prize for Poetry. She is currently writing creative non-fiction about Winnipeg’s urban forest, which is slated for publication in 2018 with Wolsak & Wynn.