Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday reading

So I have nearly three weeks off this holiday season. 

And believe-you-me, I need every goddamn minute to recover from this hellbent-for-leather fall-and-winter. Soooo many new-to-me projects, soo many grant apps, so many deadlines. 

While it was all stuff I wanted and needed to do, I've been feeling rather...blowsy...of late.
As such, this holiday is all about resting but also getting-the-fuck back to work.

I've earmarked a pile of titles for this holiday season and thought I'd share them with you...

You WIN Reads:
A Page From the Wonders of Life on Earth by Stephanie Bolster (from Brick Books via Goodreads)

Honore Jaxon: Prairie Visionary by Donald B. Smith (from Coteau Books via Facebook)

Pressmate(s) Forever:
A Peepshow with Views of the Interior: Paratexts by Aislinn Hunter
Hummingbird by John Wall Barger

I bought these titles as a part of Palimpsest's 3-for-2 sale, which means that I'll also be getting Hard Ass by Sharon McCartney in spring 2013.

It's About GODDAMN Time Reads:
Archive of the Undressed by Jeanette Lynes
A Book of Great Worth by Dave Margoshes
Monkey Ranch by Julie Bruck
Winnipeg 1912 by Jim Blanchard

Serendipitous Bookstore Finds:
Steveston by Daphne Marlatt and Robert Minden

And, having purchased seven copies of Imagining Winnipeg: History Through the Photographs of L.B. Foote for friends/family for Xmas, I plan to spend several hours with MY copy over the next coupla weeks. I feel like I haven't looked at the photos in ages...


No comments: