Saturday, January 13, 2007

Home again home again...

We arrived home Saturday night, rumpled, reeking, and only slightly sunburnt, after a week spent in Mexico attending my sister's nuptuals.

Though we are more backpacking-in-Asia types than people who pursue the basking-at-a-hot-resort experience, we still managed to do a few things that made me happy.

Happy-making activities included a visit to 1) a butterfly conservatory with heaps of of greenery and flutter and 2) a series of underground caves where I had to wear a hard hat while toting a soft girl.

I have no names for any of the flora and fauna in the following photos - they will have to remain caterpillar, mushroom, palm fruiting body, unless anyone out there has any species-specific suppositions they'd like to share...

More later!

* * *





5 comments:

Anita Daher said...

Perfect! These photos make me feel warm. I've been looking at Expedia and wishing for a holiday in Mexico (maybe not Mexico, seeing as the country has been a bit hard on tourists) or Bermuda, but as Jim doesn't like opening his wallet it looks like we'll be spending March Break in Moose Jaw.

Brenda Schmidt said...

Yes, feeling warm! Lovely, A!

Anonymous said...

Nice work. I know. Thanks
GG

Anonymous said...

Nice! I'm feeling warm and fuzzy. (Of course, I'm also wearing three layers of sweaters!)

Ariel Gordon said...

Though it might pierce your Expedia-fueled fantasies, it was only (unbearably) warm for a few days of our trip.

Lucky for me and my whiter-than-white lily-white-doesn't-go-far-enough companions, there were also a few stormy days.