Wednesday, December 20, 2006

in transit...again

A poem of mine was one of six featured on Winnipeg transit buses this past spring.

Apparently it was a poem for all seasons, as I just got this email from Robyn Maharaj, the Executive Director of the Manitoba Writers' Guild:

Hi everyone:

Just a quick note to let you know that transit has free space on board and offered to post this year's poetry in motion cards free of charge.

If you happen to be on a city bus sometime during the holidays, chances are you will see either your work or the work of one of the other poets on the bus.

Best wishes to you all during the holidays!

Robyn

It's nice to know that one of my poems will be riding the bus again...

It's sort of like that tickly feeling you get when you know people are talking about you...except not.

(Also, happy goddamn holidays.)

6 comments:

Anita Daher said...

Yay! I'll have my eyes peeled. Urgh...wait, that sounds painful. They'll be open anyway. Wait, of course they will be open...if they are not I might walk into the side of a bus. If I ever do have eyes shut and walk into the side of a bus, fingers crossed I will open them again in time to see your words pasted on the side of it.

Merry Ho Ho to you too!

Ariel Gordon said...

Don't peel your eyes on my account, Anita - besides, the placards are inside the bus, not on the outside.

Inside, outside...here's to a dearth of advertising!

lindseyw said...

Saw one of the Poetry in Motion poems recently, but not yours, yet. I'll keep watching for it.

Anonymous said...

Nice! Congrats.

Merry C!

Tracy Hamon said...

Nice! Happy holidays. Good to know you're voice is getting around, without you having to leave the house!

Ariel Gordon said...

Since its my personal goal to be known as someone who 'gets around,' I'm happy.

In fact, I feel another toast coming on...here's to being poetically promiscuous!