Wednesday, May 05, 2010

cone



All photos Assiniboine Forest, Winnipeg, MB. May 5, 2010.

* * *

I hauled poet/publisher Dawn Kresan into the forest today. It was rainy and blustery and she looked at me like I was daft when I said we would go walking anyways. She looked at me more doubtfully when I handed her the raincoat that is oversized on ME but pulled it on and went walking.

And I was right. Once we were in the forest proper, under the trees, it was pretty temperate. Despite all the rain we've been having of late, the mulch paths weren't that bad...

Since we didn't ruin her 'practical' shoes and I didn't even TRY to take any pictures of her in her waterproof tent, she was pleased as punch. And I even got her taking pictures of mushrooms!

Of course, any time I get to the forest is a good time. But it was especially nice to be there on my launch day, to console/distract myself somewhat with the forest...

No comments: