Friday, April 15, 2011

Reprint: Goodreads

This is what the Goodreads website says about itself:

"Goodreads is the largest social network for readers in the world. We have more than 4,500,000 members who have added more than 120,000,000 books to their shelves. A place for casual readers and bona-fide bookworms alike, Goodreads members recommend books, compare what they are reading, keep track of what they've read and would like to read, form book clubs and much more. Goodreads was launched in December 2006."

This is what Goodreads member Holley, from Alcoa, TN, said this about Hump on the Goodreads site:

"Although I'm not a mother yet, I will one day be one. This collection of poems enlightens me in the way of emotions I have yet to feel but can't wait to experience. So real and raw, I loved the journey of this book."

(My very first Goodreads review! Squee!)

Holley won one of two copies of Hump I gave away on the Goodreads back in September.

So it's not a completely random review. But I'm VERY tickled that she read and reviewed it.

Because that's how poetry gets out. One copy and one reader at a time.

No comments: