Monday, December 26, 2011

Melted



All photos Assiniboine Forest, Winnipeg, MB. December 26, 2011.

* * *

We've had very little snow this winter so far. And today, what little snow we'd accumulated started to melt.

After the hoopla of the Xmas season, it was a relief to pull into the parking lot at Assiniboine Forest, except that it was chock full. I suppose it's mean-spirited to resent people for having the same idea you do, but still...

So I cursed but walked anyways, cup of tea in hand.

And even though there were people everywhere, they kept sufficient distance between us to keep me happy. And there were small but distinctly satisfying patches of mushrooms and lichen.

AND I was walking with my friend Ed, an expat Winnipegger who I knew from my student press days. He's now a visual artist living in Montreal.

So, it was warm, we walked and mocked and took pictures. And then it started to hail/rail.

To sum: FOREST+TEA+MUSHROOMS+CHIT-CHAT=FUN!

No comments: