Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Books + bed: my side

For those of you with inquiring minds, my side of the bed includes Barbara Romanik, George Amabile, Maggie Helwig, Darryl Joel Berger, Colin McAdam, Daphne Marlatt, Harold Rhenisch, and Bert Almon.

I'd especially recommend the exception to the Can-lit organizing mechanism at work here, Jill Jonnes' Eiffel's Tower.

Her examination of the intersection of Buffalo Bill Cody, Thomas Edison and Gustave Eiffel at the 1899 World's Fair in Paris, i.e. historical pop culture studies, is very interesting...

Mind you, as this is largely a collection of to-reads, that isn't a particularly distinguished recommendation.

Also noteworthy is the fact that I finally found a place for my poisonous mushroom tealight collection from Prairie Sky Bookstore here in Wolseley.

No comments: