Saturday, October 25, 2014

BookFest Windsor


Photo credits: Myself, Dawn Kresan, and Sanja Frkovic. That's Aimee Parent Dunn, Palimpsest's publisher, in the bottom left...

* * *

Here are a few photos from BookFest Windsor event on October 23, Windsor's Small Presses: A Celebration with Authors and Publishers.

I represented Palimpsest Press at the mic and had the great pleasure of meeting Aimee Parent Dunn, Palimpsest's new publisher, and then being introduced by her. Other presses participating at the event included Rampike, Biblioasis, Black Moss Press, and Cranberry Tree Press.

Of course, I kicked over my waterbottle just as she finished reading my bio and so I was the tiniest bit mortified. And so I was worse than normal: louder with bonus wisecracks. But I had great fun and I think the audience did too...

It should go without saying but: it was great to get the chance to read with Susan Holbrook, Rosalind Knight, Mary Ann Mulhern, and Chris Turner.

A panel discussion on aspects of small press publishing followed the reading, which was good. And the gin & tonic I slurped down at Vermouth that followed the panel was even better.

Thanks to BookFest Windsor for having me. And to Palimpsest, for the books. And to Dawn Kresan, former publisher, for letting me colonize her spare bedroom...

No comments: