Sunday, June 21, 2015

Bin of books

This is the bin of books & magazines I'll be bringing with me to the Deep Bay Cabin.

Thanks to the Manitoba Arts Council and Riding Mountain National Park, I get to unpack all of this...

(It's far fewer books than I usually bring on retreat. I'm shocked by how 'light' I packed this go-round.)

Some of the forest-y books I know I'll be consulting regularly include:

Forest Policy and Management: Course Notes by Richard Westwood

Urban Forestry: Course Notes by Richard Westwood

Plants of the Western Boreal Forest & Aspen Parkland by Johnson, Kershaw, MacKinnon & Pojar

Dr. Tree's Guide to the Common Diseases of Urban Prairie Trees by Michael Allen

Understanding Local Values Related to the Urban Forest: Connecting Winnipeg Residents to their Trees by Jaclyn Diduck

Winnipeg Forest Watch Handbook: A Guide on Tree Health and Basic Tree Care for Homeowners by Trees Winnipeg

Field Guide to Native Trees of Manitoba by the Province of Manitoba

No comments: